Blue Scientific is a distributor of market-leading scientific instrumentation for research, development and process control applications in both academic and industrial markets across the UK, Ireland and Nordic region (Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and Norway).
We are proud to offer a portfolio of cutting-edge products for our customers. Using our considerable experience, we select products that are market or technology-leaders in each particular field.
We take a consultative approach to the buying process, investing time in understanding your applications requirements in detail.
First and foremost we are scientists, not salesmen. We offer expert guidance on instrument selection and configuration, advising you on the best solution for your particular research needs.
We aim to offer more than a typical distributor, and are the exclusive agents for these regions:
UK and Ireland:
- Bruker Benchtop EPR, TD-NMR, micro-XRF and micro-CT
- Solartron Analytical Impedance and electrochemical test systems
- Princeton Applied Research Potentiostats
- Physical Electronics XPS, Auger, TOF-SIMS
- Accurion Thin film characterisation and vibration isolation systems
- DELMIC Correlative Light and Electron Microscopy
- Protochips Modified environment cells for in-situ SEM/TEM
Nordic: (Norway, Finland, Sweden, Iceland and Denmark)
Blue Scientific was founded by Tom Warwick and Stephen Badger and is based in Cambridge. Both Tom and Stephen have extensive experience in working at executive level in some of the world’s largest and most successful scientific instrumentation companies.
Stephen Badger PhD
- EVP Global Sales for Bruker Nano Surfaces (formerly Veeco Metrology), responsible for Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Stylus and Optical Metrology (SOM) and Tribology and Mechanical Testing (TMT) product lines.
- Various sales and sales management positions at Veeco Metrology since 2000.
- Applications Scientist for Uniscan Instruments, working on scanning electrochemical techniques including Scanning Vibrating Probe (SVP), Scanning Kelvin Probe (SKP) and Localised Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (LEIS).
- PhD in Corrosion Science from the Corrosion and Protections Centre at UMIST (now the University of Manchester).
- BSc in Applied Chemistry from the University of Portsmouth.
- General Manager of the Nanofabrication Systems division of Nanoink, responsible for identifying new products for new markets in life sciences and academic research. Based in Chicago, Illinois, for three years.
- Variety of positions at Veeco Instruments from 1998 onwards, including Managing Director Europe, responsible for all products including deposition systems, and VP Global Sales for the instrumentation division.
- Started in nanotechnology in 1993 working for a UHV STM company with global sales responsibility.
- Experience in the analytical instrument and recruitment industries.
- BSc in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Essex.