XRF Meeting 2017 (BCA & RSC) – Leicester, 14 June 2017
Visit us at the XRF Meeting 2017 on Wednesday 14th June 2017 at the University of Leicester, held by the BCA Industrial Group and the RSC Atomic Spectroscopy Group.
BCA XRF Meeting 2017
The BCA XRF Meeting brings together complementary techniques, and introduces you to new instrumentation and methods. The event features:
- Talks from industry experts across both XRF and XRD
- Exhibitor forum and exhibition
- Ask all your XRF questions under one roof with manufacturers and other users
The meeting incorporates talks from the XRD meeting that was previously due to take place on 15th June.
Abstracts for the talks are available here.
Wednesday 14th June 2017
- Exhibitor Forum
- DOT samples – an update, Ros Schwarz, retired
- X-Ray Diffraction, a complementary technique for X-Ray Fluorescence, Tony Bell, Sheffield Hallam University
- Developments and Online Analysis by XRF and Application, Kevin Talmage, Rigaku
- Title TBA, Thierry Thealto, Spectro
- Automated Weighing, an Efficient Operator in your Laboratory Including an XRWeigh Carousel Demonstration, Frédéric Davidts, XRF Scientific
- Aspects of Validation in Structure Determination from Powder X-ray Diffraction Data: Opportunities for Multi-Technique Synergy, Kenneth D.M. Harris, School of Chemistry, Cardiff University
- Use of Platinum Free Crucibles with Automated Electric Fusion, Dr Rainer Schramm, Fluxana GmbH & Co
- Title TBA, Joanna Collingwood, School of Engineering, University of Warwick
- Use of Micro Beam System, Mike Dobby, Analytical Consultant
- Advances in EDXRF for Chemical Analysis of Various Materials, Raphael Yerly, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Combined XRD-DSC Measurements, Keith Tame, SciMed
- The Application of a Prototype Handheld XRD Instrument in the Analysis of Metals and Alloys, Dr Graeme Hansford – Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester
Register for the XRF Meeting on the conference website. The registration fee is £84 or £42 for concessions. Registration closed on Thursday 9th June 2017.
Blue Scientific at the XRF Meeting 2017
Visit our stand to find out about our micro-XRF instruments, for elemental analysis and mapping.
- Measure composition and element distribution
- Generate distribution maps
- Analyse virtually any kind of inorganic, organic or even liquid sample
Micro-XRF Workshop Tour
You might also be interested in our Micro-XRF Workshop tour. Bring your own samples to test and hear talks from micro-XRF specialists. We’re coming to Glasgow, Manchester, Dublin and Cardiff in May/June 2017. More details…