Bruker Dimension Icon
Powerful, versatile atomic force microscope
Powerful large sample AFM (atomic force microscopy) imaging for a broad range of applications.
- Highest performance on any AFM sample
- Widest range of AFM modes and applications
- Quantitative nanoscale material property mapping
- Simultaneous nanoscale imaging and nanomechanical analysis
The Dimension Icon Atomic Force Microscope brings new levels of performance, functionality and AFM accessibility to nanoscale researchers in science and industry. The culmination of decades of large-sample AFM technology, the revolutionary Dimension Icon delivers lowest drift and lowest noise, for artefact-free images in minutes rather than hours.
The Dimension Icon AFM is powered by Bruker’s proprietary PeakForce Tapping technology. Perform nanoscale imaging, while simultaneously capturing nanomechanical material information. The Icon AFM makes this technology accessible to all user levels. ScanAsyst automatic image optimisation makes it easy to perform surface characterisation on any sample size, as well as multiple samples and sample types.
The Dimension Icon incorporates the latest industry-leading nanoscale imaging and characterisation technology on a large sample tip-scanning AFM platform.
- Temperature-compensating position sensors reduce noise levels to the sub-angstroms range for the Z-axis, and angstroms in X-Y.
- Significantly reduced noise floor at less than 30pm for imaging at sub-nanometer resolution.
- Drift rates of less than 200pm per minute render distortion-free images immediately.
Enhanced Nanoscale Automation
Bruker’s new AutoMET™ software uniquely combines high-resolution AFM imaging with fast, automated metrology. It is easy to use and flexible, for critical-to-quality measurements in high-volume measurement applications. AutoMET includes an intuitive and simple recipe-writing environment, so complex workflows can be transformed into simple, push-button operations.
- Integrated alignment tools for fast probe positioning.
- High-resolution camera and X-Y positioning permit faster, more efficient sample navigation.
- ScanAsyst Imaging and NanoScope software with default experiment modes and preconfigured settings.
Versatile and Flexible
- Wide open access to tip and sample for a wide variety of standard and customised experiments, with holders for large and multiple samples.
- Access the complete range of AFM modes and techniques.
- Custom user-programmable scripts offer semi-automated measurement and analysis.
PeakForce SECM (Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy)
Lateral Force Microscopy (LFM)
Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM)
Electric Force Microscopy (EFM)
Scanning Spreading Resistance Microscopy (SSRM)
Tunneling Atomic Force Microscopy (TUNA)
Conductive Atomic Force Microscopy (CAFM)
Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM)
Torsional Resonance Mode (TRmode)
Thermal Analysis (VITA)
Quantitative nanomechanical mapping with simultaneous high resolution imaging:
PeakForce SECM (Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy) is an AFM mode that captures electrochemical data correlated with nanomechanical information, for insights into the relationship between the size, geometry, modulus, adhesion and activity of nanostructured materials.