We currently have a career opportunity for a Service Engineer in the Nordic region. See below for details and how to apply (no agencies please).
Follow Blue Scientific for company news and updates:
Service Engineer, Nordic Region
Territory: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland
Blue Scientific Ltd. is a dynamic, rapidly growing business specialising in the distribution of market-leading scientific instrumentation in both academic and industrial markets across the UK, Ireland and Nordic countries.
Due to further business growth, we are now seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to the position of Field Service Engineer, Nordic Region. The position is expected to be based in one of the Nordic countries and the successful candidate will work from a home-based office, with coverage for the whole Nordic region.
As a territory-based Field Service Engineer you are responsible for the service of certain products within the company’s portfolio of scientific instrumentation across Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland. All tasks are related to managing the service of these particular products in the region.
This new position will initially cover two product lines:
- Bruker Nano Surfaces (AFM, Stylus and Optical Surface Profilers, Nanoindentation, Tribology Testing)
- Gatan (Electron microscopy products)
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Responding to customer service calls which will have been logged via our service centre, initially providing telephone, email, and remote online technical support as required.
- When necessary, visiting customer sites to carry out further diagnostics and repair work in order to return customer systems to good working order.
- Liaising with the instrument manufactures in order to expedite the resolution of all customer service issues as quickly as possible.
- Carrying out onsite scheduled routine preventative maintenance, new system installations and customer training.
- Assisting the company in developing and selling service products such as extended warranties, service contracts and training programs.
Both factory and field-based training will be provided.
The successful candidate will likely be educated to PhD level in a science based subject area, with hands-on experience in operating scientific instruments. We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience in operating electron microscopy, AFM and/or X-ray based techniques.
Excellent communications skills, highly self-motivated and able to work to meet agreed deadlines, the candidate should also be prepared to travel extensively Monday to Friday according to customer and company needs.
About Blue Scientific
Established in 2013, Blue Scientific Ltd is a distributor of scientific instruments for a number of the world’s leading manufacturers, including Bruker, Gatan, Ametek, Renishaw and Physical Electronics. We serve customers in a range of markets and applications, in both academic research and industrial applications, including materials science, surface analysis and life sciences, with geographic coverage across the UK, Ireland and the Nordic region. We are an ambitious, dynamic and fast-growing business, and offer a supportive work environment for our employees, with excellent opportunities for career development.
The ethos of the company, which operates under strong ethical terms, is one of developing our personnel, with coaching and training opportunities as well as empowering them to enable them to give great customer service.
Blue Scientific offers a flexible position with a highly competitive benefits package, as well as opportunities for individual development.
How to Apply
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.
If you have any questions, contact us on +44 (0)1223 422 269.