High-Throughput Micro-CT with a Sample Changer
High-throughput micro-CT with a sample changer – increase your lab’s efficiency and scan more samples with automated scanning and time-saving technology from Bruker SkyScan. Ideal for digitising collections, comparing large numbers of samples and quality control.
Automated, High-Throughput Micro-CT
If you need to scan large numbers of samples with micro-CT, for example when archiving a collection or comparing various sample types, you can increase the throughput of your scanner and save time with a sample changer.
When combined with fast, automated scanning, this allows you to run samples without user intervention, freeing up your time while a set of samples are scanned for you. This is extremely useful and time-saving in areas including:
- Digitisation of collections
- Quality control in a production and manufacturing
- Complex studies involving many different samples
This set-up also makes micro-CT is accessible to new users, including students and colleagues without a technical background, who may not specialise in the technique but would benefit from it in their work.
Fast, Push-Button Scanning
Push-button micro-CT is ideal for fast, routine scanning. The Bruker SkyScan 1275 is an automated, self-optimising system – with the press of a single button you can run the entire process:
- Data visualisation or analysis
Watch the entire process in real time in this video – it takes only a few minutes for a fast scan on the Bruker SkyScan 1275:
Minimise User Intervention
Push-button scanning gives you a high degree of automation and significantly increases throughput. However, it still requires you to remain near the system when analysing large numbers of samples, to mount and replace specimens after each scan.
An automated sample changer minimises user intervention even further. Each sample is replaced by the next one automatically after scanning. The moment each acquisition is complete, the next sample starts, with no dead time. Reconstruction takes place while the next sample is being scanned, for the fastest results possible.
The system can run independently, working through a queue of samples without needing to be monitored or set up each time. This saves time and frees you to work on other research while the samples are being scanned for you.
Micro-CT Sample Changer
- Load 8-16 samples (depending on the model and size of specimens)
- Use a predefined or an automatic scanning protocol
- Change samples without interrupting the scanning process
- New samples are detected automatically
- Add to new or existing systems in your lab
The automated sample changer is suitable for these micro-CT systems:
- Fast scanning in as little as 80 seconds
- Highly automated and self-optimising
- Sample sizes up to 96mm diameter and 100mm in length
- Extremely fast GPU-accelerated image reconstruction
- World’s first scanner with >200Mp in each cross-section
- Detect details as small as 0.35um with phase-contrast enhancement
- “Genius Mode” automatically selects the best parameters for you
Bruker SkyScan 2211
- High resolution nano-CT
- Model now replaced with the SkyScan 2214
- Sample changer can be added to existing 2211 systems
Blue Scientific is the official distributor of Bruker Micro-CT in the UK and Nordic region. We’re available to help with any queries, or if you’d like a quote please get in touch: