X-ray micro-computed tomography (μCT) is
an advanced technique that gives you 3D insights into samples of any material, in any shape or size with little to no sample preparation.
The Bruker SkyScan range includes scanners for every facility – from desktop, automated systems that scan at the press of a button to floor-standing, multi-scale micro- and nano-CT instruments.
Right: CFRP (Carbon Fibre Reinforced Polymer) after a bend test.
Generate 3D images with resolutions down to < 1 µm
Micro-CT (also referred to as XRM or X-Ray Microscopy) is used in areas such as:
3D internal imaging
- Resolve fine structures with voxel sizes down to 0.35 μm
- Completely non-destructive
- Take virtual cuts, slices and even flights through your object
Analyse structure and composition
- Microstructural composition
- Quantify defects
- Fibre thickness and orientation
PPE Face Mask
Micro-CT scan of a small piece of an FFP2 face mask (click to enlarge). It’s colour-coded to show fibre orientation, which affects the air permeability, water diﬀusion and bending rigidity of the mask. More about scanning grains, particles and fibres…
Micro-CT of Fibre Reinforced Composites
Scanning with the Bruker SkyScan 2214 multiscale nano-CT
In-Situ Stages for Dynamic Experiments
Observe your samples under compression and tensile tests, as well as cooling and heating.
- Investigating the fracture process in concrete using X-ray micro-CT – Read the paper…
- Roughness analysis of the “invisible” surface by means of X-ray microscopy – Read the paper…
- Local strain analysis of porous materials: Potential for industrial applications – Read the paper…
- Coupling micro-CT and nanoindentation to examine concrete microstructure – Read the paper…
- Morphological analysis of polyurethane foams – Read the paper…
- Compression test on porous polymeric scaffolds – Read the paper…
- Structural Analysis of Polymeric Foam – Read the paper…
Blue Scientific is the official distributor of Bruker SkyScan XRM in the UK, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.
Bruker SkyScan 1275
Fast, self-optimising benchtop scanner. High quality scans at the press of a button.
Bruker SkyScan 1272
Sub-micron resolution from a benchtop system. World’s first scanner with >200Mp in each cross-section.
Bruker SkyScan 2214
Multi-scale nano-CT for the widest range of object sizes/ resolutions.