Webinar: Micro-CT for Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices
Join Bruker for a free webinar about micro-CT for pharmaceuticals, medical packaging and medical devices on Thursday 28th September 2017.
Micro-CT for Pharmaceuticals, Medical Packaging and Medical Devices
X-ray micro-computed tomography (µCT) is one of the most powerful methods for studying materials in 3D. It is non-destructive, requiring minimal to no sample preparation.
Bruker SkyScan desktop micro-CT systems give you access to this technology in a fast, easy to use package, with a convenient small footprint. They are designed for intuitive use, high throughput and low overheads, to deliver on your investment
This webinar will give you an overview of the technology and highlight the design features of their desktop systems. A range of relevant applications will be covered:
- In situ compression testing on tablets
- Distribution of active ingredients
- Coating thickness
- Checking the integrity of packaging and seals
- Dimensional measurements of packaging
- Inspecting parts for component performance
- 3D measurement
- Failure analysis
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to the technology
- Overview of the relevant systems
- Application examples in tablet development, packaging and sealing, inspection and failure analysis
Who Should Attend
Lab managers, researchers, product designers, quality engineers, process engineers and students interested in learning more about micro-CT technology and how it can be used to:
- Characterise microstructure, composition, porosity, micro-cracks and other properties of tablets.
- Inspect packaging materials, needles, etc. quickly and non-destructively.
- Inspection and 3D measurement of devices such as inhalers and related component assemblies.
- Perform failure analysis on medical devices such as syringes, pacemakers, etc.
Thursday 28th September 2017
- Session 1
10:00 am Berlin / 5:00 pm Beijing
- Session 2
5:00 pm Berlin / 11:00 am Boston
Take a look at Bruker’s brochure about Micro-CT for the Pharmaceutical Industry to learn more before the webinar!
If you have any questions, we are available to assist with any queries or discuss how micro-CT can be used in your area of work.