XRD – X-Ray Diffractometer
The Bruker D8 ADVANCE is available in various configurations, to focus on a specific analytical task, or as a multipurpose system:
- D8 ADVANCE ECO – Full-sized goniometer class powder XRD, under ambient and non-ambient conditions.
- D8 ADVANCE Twin – Best powder XRD performance. Push-button switching between amorphous and polycrystalline thin film analysis under ambient and non-ambient conditions.
- D8 ADVANCE Plus – XRD for all sample types, including epitaxial thin films under ambient and non-ambient conditions.
- D8 ADVANCE for XRD² – Collect data in both 2Theta and Gamma directions, to study the properties of crystalline materials.
- D8 ADVANCE for Stress – Measure stress and texture on machined parts, thin films and bulk samples.
- D8 ADVANCE for Structure Analysis – Gather structural information from X-Ray Powder Diffraction with Rietveld (TOPAS) analysis, diffuse or “total” scattering (PDF analysis) and Small Angle X-Ray Scattering (SAXS).
Dynamic Beam Optimisation
Dynamic Beam Optimisation ensures the highest data quality, with unmatched counting statistics and peak-to-background ratios, without manual instrument reconfiguration.
The high speed energy-dispersive detector (LYNXEYE XE-T) uniquely combines fast data collection with unprecedented fluorescence and Kβ radiation filtering. Its proprietary Variable Active Detector Window and Motorised Anti-Scatter Screen (MASS) enable data collection from the lowest 2Th angles without parasitic low-angle background scattering, in particular air scattering. Fully automated MASS retraction avoids beam cropping, even in combination with continuously variable slits for excellent counting statistics across the entire range.
- Fast data collection and high throughput.
- Superior data quality for pharmaceutical, clay, zeolite samples and more, with no parasitic low-angle background scattering.
- Best peak-to-background ratio for greater sensitivity in minor phases.
- Full quantification of crystalline and amorphous phases.
TRIO – Three in One Optics
New TRIO™ optics are key component of the new D8 ADVANCE Plus. A single optic can meet the needs of all three most commonly used X-ray diffraction geometries:
- Divergent beam for conventional powder diffraction (XRPD)
- High intensity parallel beam for:
- Capillary experiments
- Height insensitive measurements,
- Surface sensitive grazing incidence geometry (GID)
- Coating thickness determination (XRR)
- Micro-diffraction (μXRD)
- Pure Cu-Kα1 parallel beam for high resolution diffraction (HRXRD) of epitaxial thin films and low symmetry powder samples
Switch easily between beam geometries. Instrument alignment is fully software-controlled, requiring no user intervention.
Known as Bruker’s “DAVINCI design”, the D8 ADVANCE is a completely flexible, modular XRD system. It can be adapted easily to any XRD application.
Change easily from one beam geometry to another and exchange individual components, including the the X-ray tube, optics, sample stages and detectors.
- Push-button TWIN or TRIO optics changing with software control
- Switch optics and wavelengths easily with SNAP-LOCK
- Real-time component recognition and status display
- Convenient solutions for sample mounting and positioning