K2 IS Camera
In-situ camera for TEM
Resolve dynamic details in heating, catalysis, mechanical deformation, STEM diffraction, electrical testing and chemical reaction experiments with the Gatan K2 IS camera for in-situ TEM.
- In-situ: Full- or sub-area sampling up to 1600 fps
- Direct data storage: Collect and store up to 15 minutes of continuous images
- Streamlined data management: Manage large data sets easily
- Counting and super-resolution: All the capabilities of the Gatan K2 Summit camera, including counting and super-resolution modes for beam sensitive materials
- Store individual frames as Digital-Micrograph (*.dm) images and link all scripts, live FFT, etc. to large data sets
- In-situ player: Crop (time, space), bin, drift correct, average (w ith frame alignment) and track individual particle motion across large image data sets
- Multimedia output: Choice of video formats with time stamps
- Up to 1600 frames per second
- Full or sub-area sampling
- Capture high speed reactions with sub-millisecond temporal resolution
- Save individual frames or average with frame alignment applied between summed frames to improve the signal-to-noise ratio.
- >15 minutes capture time at all frame rates
- Long direct detector lifetime even with highest dose rates
- Capture the start of a in-situ reactions with the video buffer and post-event triggering
As a super-set of the K2 Summit camera, the K2 IS gives you all the same counting benefits (single electron detection, elimination of noise sources, higher DQE, dose fractionation, etc.) as a separate operational mode with K2 IS camera.
This is ideal for beam-sensitive materials in both materials science (zeolite, metal-organic framework aka MOF) and biological applications (cryo-tomography, SPA, structural characterisation).
Image large specimens in super-resolution mode to extend the effective resolution to 57 megapixels.