Backscattered electron (BSE) detector for SEM
The Gatan OnPoint is a backscattered electron detector for SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopes). Study non-conductive samples including polymers, plastics and biological materials. Optimised for low kV, for studying uncoated biological samples, low atomic number (Z) elements and large 3D datasets.
- Resolve features distorted by charging or beam damage: Low kV to reduce charge build-up and protect delicate samples
- Capture large, 3D datasets quickly: Up to 6 times faster for large field of view images and 3D.
- Differentiate low-Z elements: Highest signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) available, to distinguish between elements with similar atomic numbers.
- Highest BSE collection efficiency: Capture electrons that other detectors miss, with minimal noise.
- Optimum performance within minutes: Maintain the best performance without the need for service visits, with user-exchangeable sensors.