Vulcan Cathodoluminescence Detector
Study optical and electronic properties
Characterise the luminescence properties of materials at the nanoscale with the Gatan Vulcan cathodoluminescence detector. Collect, detect and analyse cathodoluminescence (light) with your TEM.
- Use with most mainstream TEM/STEMs
- Analyse luminescence from a wide range of samples
- Correlate sample morphology and micro-structure with luminescence properties
- Measure the electronic properties of luminescent materials at meV energy resolution, including:
- Band gap
- Defect and quantum confinement effects in semiconductors
- Reveal surface plasmon resonance modes of nanoparticles in any STEM
- Cooled sample holder for enahnced efficiency, less damage and reduced line width of spectral features
- Compatible with Gatan EELS systems for correlation of absorption and emission processes
Compatible with other Techniques
The Vulcan cathodoluminescence system can be used with most standard imaging and analysis techniques, including EELS (Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy).
When not in use, the hardware can be completely removed from the microscope. The system is compatible with other Gatan hardware, so you can perform multi-signal spectrum imaging with complementary CL and EELS and/or EDS. Use with Gatan Microscopy Suite software.