Potentiostat/galvanostats and impedance analysers for electrochemical and materials research. Official Solartron Analytical (Ametek) distributor in the UK and Ireland.
1287A brochureContact us
- Cyclic voltammetry
- Electrochemical noise
- Galvanostatic experiments
Computer control is via the IEEE488 (GPIB) interface, with Solarton’s popular CorrWare software. Complex experiments can be set up, stored and repeated at the click of a mouse. Using the scanner, multiple sequences can be repeated indefinitely without the need for any intervention. Data can be analysed in a wide variety of display formats, with corrosion rate calculation using automatic Tafel curve fit routines. Solartron’s patented pulse width conversion technique gives the 1285’s voltmeters unequalled accuracy, stability and linearity across the whole range. This is ideal for working with low conductivity electrolytes. Unlike many potentiostats, the 1285 has two “5×9” digital voltmeters, for true simultaneous current and voltage measurement, which is essential for electrochemical noise measurement. This unit is not enabled for AC testing. If impedance is required, the 1287A or 1280Z are recommended.
1285A brochureContact us
- Corrosion and inhibitor studies
- Sensor research
- Battery and fuel cell development
- Electrosynthesis and electrodisposition
- Civil engineering, concrete, metals
- Dielectric materials, LCDs, ceramics, polymers
- Bioanalytical research, plants, soils
The Model 1296A Dielectric Interface extends the measurement capabilities of frequency response analysers (FRAs), to meet the demands of modern material testing. This enables investigation of the frequency response of materials across an extended impedance range (up to 1014Ω), and under varying experimental conditions including AC amplitude control, DC bias to 1 kV AC or DC and temperature.
Analysis of low conductivity, low loss materials stretches the capabilities of even the best frequency response analysers. Particularly at low frequencies, they often lack the sensitivity required for accurate measurements. The Model 1296A Dielectric Interface overcomes these issues, for fast and accurate impedance measurement from 100 Ω to 100 TΩ, with 1 in 65,000,000 resolution. Low loss material dissipation factors can be characterised, with accurate tan delta measurements of less than 10-4.
The 1296A is compatible with SMaRT software, and the following Frequency Response Analysers:
- Model 1260A Impedance/Gain-phase Analyser – 10 µHz to 32 MHz operating frequency range
- Model 1255B Frequency Response Analyser – 10 µHz to 1 MHz operating frequency
- Model 1252A Frequency Response Analyser – 10µHz to 300 kHz operating frequency range
- Model 1253A Frequency Response Analyser – 1 mHz to 20 kHz operating frequency range
The model 1294A Impedance Interface is an alternative to model 1296A (above), for measuring the electrical impedance of a range of materials. The 1294A is certified to IEC601, for tests on live subjects.
The 1294A is used together with SMaRT software and the following Frequency Response Analysers:
- Model 1260A Impedance/Gain-phase Analyzer, 10 µHz to 32 MHz operating frequency range
- Model 1255B Frequency Response Analyzer, 10 µHz to 1 MHz operating frequency
- Model 1252A Frequency Response Analyzer, 10 µHz to 300 kHz operating frequency range
- Model 1253A Frequency Response Analyzer, 1 mHz to 20 kHz operating frequency range
This cryostat system is a customised version of Janis Research Company’s STVP cryostat. It is a versatile research tool, for operation between 5 K – 600 K. The sample itself iskept in an inert, dry, static exchange gas, (e.g. helium), which means it is not affected by exposure to cryogen vapour.
Liquid nitrogen (LN2) or liquid helium (LHe) can be used as the cryogen, depending on the required temperature range. Standard tests can be performed using cost-effective LN2 as the cryogen. Higher cost LHe can be substituted for tests requiring very low temperatures, making this system a very economical solution.
- Advanced polymer materialdevelopment
- Pharmaceutical drug delivery and freeze drying
- Composite materials and coatings
- Display materials
- Aerospace materials