NEW Solartron SolarLab XM
Potentiostat / FRA for Solar / Photovoltaic Cells
SolarLab XM is part of Solartron Analytical’s new Apps-XM range, a series of potentiostats designed for specific applications.
- Fully integrated optical bench
- Multiple techniques, including IMPS, IMVS, I-V, charge extraction and PV decay, with automated data analysis
- Wide bandwidth impedance and capacitance measurements
- IPCE available as an option
The SolarLab XM is designed specifically for solar cells and photovoltaics research. The system includes a reference grade potentiostat, frequency response analyser (FRA) and PhotoEchem module for complete characterization of a range of Solar/PV cells, including Perovskite and Dye Sensitised Solar Cells (DSSC). It can also be used for the development of visible spectrum photo-electrochemical systems such as Iron-Oxide photo-splitting of water.
The SolarLab is very easy to use; data can be analysed with a single click of the mouse. Experienced users can set up new experiments using a powerful step sequencer.
- Frequency and time domain techniques including IMPS, IMVS, Impedance, Photovoltage Decay, Charge Extraction and I-V
- Auto analysis for calculating effective diffusion coefficients and electron lifetimes
- NIST traceable light source calibration
- Excellent thermal management of light sources for long term stability
- Wide range of monochromatic high brightness LEDs
- Full range of electrochemical techniques, including cyclic voltammetry, chrono methods, galvano methods, impedance and AC voltammetry
- Auxiliary channels (12-wire) for simultaneous anode/cathode voltage and impedance
- Best in class FRA – fast single sine, multisine/Fast Fourier Transform, Harmonic Analysis over the full frequency range
- IPCE option for quantum efficiency measurements
Contact us for more information and quotes:
01223 422 269 or email@example.com
A collimated and highly focused, high power light source is the core of the SolarLab XM:
- NIST traceable light source calibration
- High light intensity measurements with excellent thermal stability
- Control and measure 6 decades of light intensity
- Collimating and focussing optics
- Reference detection technique up to 100 kHz for solid state devices
Electrochemical Test Capabilities
Access a wide range of electrochemical tests with the SolarLab XM’s powerful potentiostat and frequency response analyser:
- Cyclic Voltammetry (staircase/linear sweep)
- Normal and differential pulse techniques
- Potentiostatic and galvanostatic impedance (single sine, multisine/FFT, harmonics)
- AC voltammetry
- 12-wire DC/impedance measurements (anode/cathode characterisation etc.)
All of these electrochemical test methods can be integrated with the optical bench for entirely new techniques.
Control/Measure Six Decades of Intensity
The fast Si photodetector has seven gain stages for excellent measurement resolution in very low level intensity studies.
The 0.01 neutral density filter extends the light controlled intensity range over 6 decades.
A 50:50 beam splitter and reference detector are used to compare the response of the cell under test versus the reference. This eliminates errors caused by phase shift and changes in light magnitude. The SolarLab was produced in conjunction with Professor Laurie Peter of the University of Bath, using his technique first developed in the late 1980s.
Each optical bench is equipped with a 10 MHz fast Si photodetector, which was developed specifically for Solartron’s XM series. The NIST traceable sensor inside each detector comes with a dedicated factory calibration file. Measurements in units of power per unit area can be referenced with full confidence in the accuracy and repeatability of the results.
An IPCE (Incident Photon to Current Efficiency) add-on module is available for measuring the quantum efficiency of photovoltaic materials. FRA technniques have numerous advantages over traditional light chopper methods. These include superior built-in noise and bias rejection, so white bias measurements for non-linear cells can be included as standard functionality rather than as an expensive add-on.
- Wavelength range 350 nm – 1100 nm
- White light bias source included
- 0.1 to 10 Hz AC modulation technique for improved noise rejection at low frequencies
- Automatic determination of quantum efficiency and short circuit current