Solartron EnergyLab XM
Electrochemical Impedance Workstation
Potentiostat / Galvanostat / Frequency Response Analyser
The Solartron EnergyLab XM is an electrochemical impedance workstation designed specifically for battery, fuel cell and super-capacitor research.
EnergyLab XM consists of a reference grade potentiostat, frequency response analyser (FRA) and a 2A booster. These can be operated in boosted or unboosted mode (with automatic switching) for optimum test conditions and accuracy for a wide range of energy applications. The instrument is extremely sensitive, for complete characterisation of prototype low current or low impedance new generation cells, even into the micro-ohm region.
- High accuracy DC and EIS
- Best in class impedance
- Small footprint and affordable price
- Highly repeatable sub 100 μΩ measurements
- Auxiliary channel DC and EIS for anode/cathode characterisation.
Each XM module is individually calibrated using Solartron Analytical’s unique multi-point calibration and tested to rigorous standards to guarantee the best accuracy.
If at any time you require a higher current (eg to measure cells in the sub 100 μΩ range), external power boosters can be connected and controlled automatically, for fully integrated high current tests up to 100 A.
Simultaneous DC / Impedance
All modes (boosted and unboosted) use of Solartron’s unique auxiliary channel for simultaneous DC / impedance testing of complete cells and anodes/cathodes.
- Sophisticated waveform synthesis for smooth waveforms in all modes, whether connected directly to the cell or via boosters.
- Fast data acquisition – up to 1 MS/s for fast CV/ fast pulse techniques
- Extremely smooth analogue-style waveform generation
Frequency Response Analyser
The reference-grade potentiostat is coupled with a 40 MS/s frequency response analyser (FRA) for advanced impedance measurement with smooth waveforms and high accuracy.
- Every instrument is calibrated individually (no generic calibration)
- 40x oversampling for harmonic and Fast Fourier Transform techniques across the entire frequency range
- Auxiliary channels for anode/cathode impedance
Auxiliary Voltage Channels
Four differential auxiliary voltage channels are included as standard:
- Time domain voltage and impedance at multiple points in the test cell
- Anode/cathode tests
- Boosted and non-boosted connection modes
- Synchronous measurement from ancillary devices, pH transducers etc.
Fully integrated power boosters enable precise characterisation of the latest generation ultra-low impedance cells.
- Internal 2A booster as standard
- External booster options (up to 100A)
EnergyLab XM Software
Solartron XM-studio software is easy to use, providing a full set of features for your research. Tests can be set up and run with just a few clicks, using ready-made templates covering experiment execution, data analysis and final reports.
- Set up experiment sequences using intuitive copy/paste, and drag & drop techniques.
- New experiments can be adapted from previous tests, by copying and then adjusting parameters.
- Graphical wave-forms in the software make it easy to interpret test parameters and experiment settings.
- Effects of parameter changes is shown in real time at set-up, so errors can be identified and corrected before the test is run.
- Connection diagrams ensure that your cell is connected correctly before the test starts.