ToScA 2017: 6-8 September, Portsmouth
Visit our booth at ToScA 2017 (Tomography for Scientific Advancement) on 6-8 September 2017 in Portsmouth.
Blue Scientific is the official UK and Nordic distributor for Bruker Micro-CT. For more information please get in touch:
This year’s event will be the 5th annual ToScA symposium. The conference covers:
- Hard and soft tissue imaging
- Understanding materials in 3D
- Recent advances in hardware and software
- A broad range of tomography applications
The international symposium includes keynote speakers, student talks, student poster presentations and an image competition. The event provides platform for open discussions, networking with researchers and commercial industry as well as an opportunity for collaboration.
There’ll be workshops on Wednesday 6th September and then the two day symposium takes place on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th September 2017.
Live Demos at our Booth
Visit our booth to see live demonstrations on the SkyScan 1275, an automated benchtop micro-CT system from Bruker.
- Fast scans in as little as 80 seconds
- Scan at the press of a single button (or operate manually)
- Self-optimising features for high quality images
- Ultra fast 3D image reconstruction with GPU acceleration (5-10 times faster than conventional CPU-based reconstruction)
- Tomographic mapping of the Universe
Dr David Bacon, University of Portsmouth
- CT-based bone strength prediction: from human to mice
Prof Marco Viceconti, University of Sheffield
- Mechanics-based 4D tomography
Prof Francois Hild, LTM-Cachan
- From whole animals and micromorphology to cell types and molecular probes: Micro-CT as a new standard tool in bioscience research
Dr Brian Metscher, University of Vienna
- Human tooth micro anatomy and root canal treatment failure: insights by X-ray phase contrast enhanced microCT
Dr Paul Zaslansky, Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- 3D Museums: tactile learning, greater access
George Oates, Museum in a Box / Good, Form & Spectacle
Register now on the ToSCa website. Registration includes attendance at the 2 day symposium, lunch and refreshments on 7- 8 September and the Symposium Banquet on Thursday 7th September at HMS Warrior.
There are also packages that include RMS (Royal Microscopical Society) membership/renewal, as well as special rates for students.
Register online, and payment can be made by credit card or invoice. The deadline is Friday 25th August 2017.