Blue Scientific is a distributor of market-leading scientific instrumentation for research, development and process control in both the academic and industrial markets across the UK, Ireland and Nordic region (Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and Norway).
Blue Scientific Limited
St. John’s Innovation Centre,
+44 (0)1223 422 269
Blue Scientific Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 8658405 and VAT Reg: GB 175 523793.
Cutting-Edge ProductsWe are proud to offer a portfolio of cutting-edge scientific instruments. Using our considerable experience, we select products that are market or technology-leaders in their field.
Added ValueWe take a consultative approach to the buying process, investing time in understanding your applications requirements in detail.
EducativeWe organise workshops, sponsor conferences, share applications features and offer expert guidance to help you find the best instruments for your needs.
Local ExpertiseOur head office is in Cambridge, with staff based locally across the UK and Nordic countries.
Trusted PartnerWe are selective in our portfolio and a trusted partner both for our customers and manufacturers, with a firm set of ethical practices.
Valuing our EmployeesWe offer a positive, supportive and rewarding work environment for our employees.
We are the exclusive agents for these regions:
UK and Ireland:
Nordic: (Norway, Finland, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark)
- Bruker Nano Surfaces AFM, 3D optical microscopes, stylus profilers, tribology and mechanical test instruments
- Bruker Micro-XRF, TXRF and micro-CT
- Bruker Analytical X-ray
- Renishaw Raman and integrated AFM-Raman
- Bruker Micro-XRF
- Gatan Systems for electron microscopes (now part of Ametek)
- Solartron Analytical Impedance and electrochemical test systems
- Princeton Applied Research Potentiostats
- Photothermal Spectroscopy Corp O-PTIR
We are committed to giving back to the community and STEM. More info…
Blue Scientific was founded by Tom Warwick and Stephen Badger, who both have extensive experience in working at executive level in some of the world’s largest and most successful scientific instrumentation companies.
Stephen Badger PhD
- EVP Global Sales for Bruker Nano Surfaces (formerly Veeco Metrology), responsible for Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Stylus and Optical Metrology (SOM) and Tribology and Mechanical Testing (TMT) product lines.
- Various sales and sales management positions at Veeco Metrology since 2000.
- Applications Scientist for Uniscan Instruments, working on scanning electrochemical techniques including Scanning Vibrating Probe (SVP), Scanning Kelvin Probe (SKP) and Localised Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (LEIS).
- PhD in Corrosion Science from the Corrosion and Protections Centre at UMIST (now the University of Manchester).
- BSc in Applied Chemistry from the University of Portsmouth.
- General Manager of the Nanofabrication Systems division of Nanoink, responsible for identifying new products for new markets in life sciences and academic research. Based in Chicago, Illinois, for three years.
- Variety of positions at Veeco Instruments from 1998 onwards, including Managing Director Europe, responsible for all products including deposition systems, and VP Global Sales for the instrumentation division.
- Started in nanotechnology in 1993 working for a UHV STM company with global sales responsibility.
- Experience in the analytical instrument and recruitment industries.
- BSc in Cell and Molecular Biology from the University of Essex.