Complimentary Gatan GMS 3 Software During COVID-19 Lab Closures
If you’re working from home due to lab closures due to COVID-19 / coronavirus, Gatan are offering a complimentary download of their GMS 3 (Gatan Microscopy Suite) electron microscopy software to enable you to continue your work remotely.Follow @blue_scientific
Complimentary GMS 3 Software
While many people are working remotely from home while labs are closed due to COVID-19, Gatan are offering a limited-time download of Gatan Microscopy Suite (GMS) 3.4.1. The complimentary licence runs until 1st September 2020.
While this licence is valid, you can also install off-line versions of EELS Analysis, EDS Analysis and EFTEM Analysis at no additional cost.
These can be combined with existing commercial GMS off-line licenses and/or the freely available off-line licenses from the Gatan website (eg In-Situ Viewer).
The limited-time complimentary version has now been extended to include all of these plug-ins:
- EELS Analysis
- EFTEM Analysis
- EDS Analysis
- Spectrum Imaging Viewer
To access these extra features, download the latest package from Gatan’s website. The current version also includes minor bug fixes.
Gatan Microscopy Suite
Gatan Microscopy Suite is the industry standard software for electron microscope experiment control and analysis.
- Guided workflow – Takes you through experiment setup, execution and analysis.
- User-friendly workspace – With tabs and data layout manager, to help you manage and organise data.
- Live data section – Separate from prior experiments.
- EELS routines – Easy-to-use, model-based EELS analysis for higher quality results.
- For experienced users – Complete control with DigitalMicrograph scripting.
Here’s how to install the software on a computer that does not currently have GMS 3:
- Download the package GMS_FreeAnalysis.zip from Gatan’s FTP site.
- Unzip the file.
- Run LicenseSetup.exe.
- Click on the Install Licenses button to install the GATAN_FREE license.
- Click on the Install GMS button to unpack and begin the installer.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the installation.
If you have any problems, please report any issues or bugs to Gatan.
Blue Scientific is the official Nordic distributor of Gatan systems for electron microscopes in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark and Iceland. We’re available to answer all your questions – just get in touch: