MDSG 2019 – Camborne School of Mines, 2-4 January 2019
Visit us at MDSG 2019 (Mineral Deposits Study Group conference) on 2-4 January 2019 at Camborne School of Mines, at the University of Exeter’s Penryn Campus in Cornwall.
The Mineral Deposits Study Group conference is held in association with the Applied Mineralogy Group of the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
The event covers a broad range of topics within the themes of:
- Ore deposit geology
- Mineral exploration
- Analytical techniques related to mineralisation
The full programme with speakers and presentation titles is available here as a pdf.
Wednesday 2nd January 2019
- Icebreaker – 6pm onwards, Exeter University Penryn campus
Thursday 3rd January 2019
- Evening conference dinner, The Royal Duchy Hotel, Falmouth
Friday 4th January 2019
- Poster session
- MDSG AGM – Lunchtime
Saturday 5th January 2019
- Full day field excursion to Poldark Mine and the United Downs Deep Geothermal Power Project. Free to attend – register here
Register online on the MDSG 2019 website.
The event will be at the University of Exeter’s Penryn campus in Cornwall. Parking is available on campus.
Directions and details of accommodation are available on the MDSG 2019 website.
Blue Scientific at MDSG 2019
Visit our stand to find out about our instruments for geology:
- Non-destructive 3D X-ray imaging
- Virtual flights and slices through your sample
- Analyse 3D mineral distribution, porosity, dynamic processes and more
- Element mapping and analysis
- Study spatial mineral distibution, structure and composition
- Faster and more cost-effective than SEM-EDS
- Detect light elements down to carbon