Bruker G6 LEONARDO
O/N/H analyser for quality and process control
The Bruker G6 LEONARDO is an Inert Gas Fusion Analyser (IGF – also known as Gas Fusion Analysis or Melt Extraction) for analysing oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen in metallic materials.
Even in trace amounts, oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen can affect the quality, service life and mechanical properties of metals and alloys. The amount of O/N/H can vary along the production chain from raw materials to finished products. The G6 LEONARDO determines their content in the trace range with absolute accuracy.
How does it work?
The Bruker G6 LEONARDO uses an Inert Gas Fusion (IGF) method, which involves fusion of the sample material in a graphite crucible at high temperature. This is also commonly known as Gas Fusion Analysis (GFA) or Melt Extraction (ME). The total oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen is extracted by an inert carrier gas when the sample melts. Gases emitted by the sample are measured directly for reliable results you can trust.
The G6 LEONARDO is an economical and reliable choice for process and quality control in primary metal manufacturing and processing, ceramics and powder metallurgical processes, with convenient features:
- SampleCare – Low electron movement with reliable electronic motion (no working gas required), water-cooled sample port, high capacity dust trap and in-line particle filtering to protect components and ensure stable results.
- Smart Molecule Sequence – Bruker’s technology for direct, unadulterated measurement of all emitted gases, using state of the art detectors and reference channels.
- FusionControl – Continuously measures the temperature of the sample (contact-free).
- Ready-to-use, pre-calibrated methods for many standard industrial applications.
- Iron, steel, cobalt, nickel and ferroalloys – Determine the amount of oxygen and nitrogen in steel and alloy production.
- Copper production – Determine the level of residual impurities and oxygen level for copper quality grading.
- Titanium, zirconium and refractory metals – Measure oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen content to ensure corrosion-resistant, high performance alloys for aviation, space, military, nuclear, biomedical applications and more.
- Metal processing – Analyse chemical material composition for industries including aviation, space, automotives, biomedical, electronics and more.
- Aluminium and magnesium – Quality control in light metal production and processing to ensure quality products without inclusions or blisters.
- Magnetic materials – Measure hydrogen and oxygen at all stages of production, for optimum magnetic efficiency and to avoid embrittlement.
- Powder metallurgy / additive manufacturing – Detect oxidation/moisture which can cause aging on high surface area metal powders along the production chain.
- Glass and ceramics – Fast analysis of O/N/H content in refractory oxides, nitrides and carbides during processing and in final products to ensure the material properties you need.