D8 DISCOVER Plus
NEW Flagship of Bruker’s XRD Range
The Bruker D8 DISCOVER Plus is a powerful new X-Ray Diffraction system combining:
- 6kw TXS-HE Turbo X-Ray Source – Highly powerful, efficient and reliable source for line and spot focus applications.
- ATLAS goniometer – High endurance and unrivalled, guaranteed angular accuracy.
- Non-coplanar arm for in-plane diffraction measurements with exceptional accuracy – more info…
- IµS microfocus X-ray source with new MONTELPlus optics for mm sized samples.
The D8 DISCOVER Plus sets a new standard for XRD, with faster collection of higher quality data. The robust configuration maintains this high level of performance for all applications, from classic powder diffraction to epitaxial thin film characterisation.
The system is flexible and fully compatible with Bruker’s wide variety of components, optics and detectors.
Turbo X-ray Source
Extra signal is always an advantage in X-ray Diffraction, for better data quality, signal-to-noise and sample throughput.
The TXS-HE High Efficiency Turbo X-ray Source boosts signal while minimising the maintenance associated with rotating anode technology.
- Up to 5 times the intensity of an industrial sealed tube
- Unsurpassed focal spot brightness
- Maximum intensity, with the perfect configuration of optics
- Minimal air scatter, with a reduced beam path length
The goniometer is key to accurate sample analysis. The ATLAS goniometer features precise orientation of components for the highest accuracy during measurement:
- High-precision stepper motors with high resolution optical encoders
- Precise, software monitored component interface
- Robust and maintenance-free
In Plane Diffraction
Equip the D8 DISCOVER Plus with the non-coplanar arm and MONTEL Plus X-ray optics for the highest intensity for in plane diffraction. More info…
Bruker guaranteed perfect alignment: the angular deviation ∆2Theta of measured and certified peak positions 2Theta is ≤0.007°. This is verified on each individual instrument, by measuring the NIST certified standard SRM1976.
The new system is compatible with the full range of D8 DISCOVER components including:
- Optics – Optimal beam conditions for every experiment, with multi-beampath optics.
- Stages – Including multi position sample changers, centric Eulerian cradles and UMC stages for heavy loads.
- Detectors – Multi-mode detectors for all XRD applications, including Bruker’s LYNXEYE XE-T and EIGER2 R 500K.
Download these application notes from Bruker to learn more about specific applications:
- PDF Analysis on Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles
- Lower Limits of Detection (LOD) and Quantification (LOQ) for Respirable Silica
- X-Ray Reflectometry on Thin Films and Superlattices
- Rapid Reciprocal Space Mapping on Thin Films
- High-Resolution Powder Diffraction for Lattice-Distortion and Micro-Structure Analysis