Compact SAXS for Materials Science
The Bruker N8 HORIZON is a unique, vertical SAXS for advanced research labs and multi-user facilities. Study a range of nano-materials including solid bulks, fibres, surfaces and biological samples, using SAXS, WAXS, and GISAXS.
High Quality Data in the Shortest Time
- IµSTM micro-focus X-ray source boosts X-ray intensity at the sample
- Detect even the weakest SAXS signals with a 2-dimensional VÅNTEC-500TM detector
- Excellent X-ray beam quality with SCATEXTM scatter-free pinholes
Ideal for Multi-User Facilities
- Intuitive, easy-to-use touchscreen
- Easy sample loading
- Integrated camera for quick and easy sample positioning
- Convenient, vertical design for the smallest footprint to fit in your lab
Low Running Costs
- Low power consumption
- No water cooling
- No external infrastructure requirements
- Smaller carbon footprint
Benefits of SAXS
Small Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS) is a truly non-destructive method for characterising nanostructures. It is complementary to other techniques, such as electron microscopy and AFM.
SAXS provides global, statistically relevant insights into the 3-dimensional nanostructural properties of the whole structure in its native environment. The sample is placed in the X-ray beam as is – there’s no need for any laborious sample preparation that may alter its structure of properties.