Next Generation EELS and EFTEM Systems
Gatan’s Continuum series is the next generation of EELS (Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy) and EFTEM (Energy-Filtered Transmission Electron Microscopy) systems.
They are simplified and easier to use, while still being powerful and flexible. With new, exclusive detector technology for outstanding detector speed and data quality in EELS and EFTEM, you can achieve from new levels of productivity and throughput.
>10x Greater Productivity
- 8000 spectra per second at >95% duty cycle
- 10x faster system tuning
- Streamlined interface organised by workflow
High Quality Data
- Low-noise, high dynamic range CMOS detector
- Improved MTF (modulation transfer function) and DQE (Detective Quantum Efficiency) with new XCR sensor stack technology
- Full gain correction in all acquisition modes
- Exclusive dynamic focus control
- Combine with the K3 electron-counting direct detector for the best results
Enable the latest, emerging techniques (optional):
- Energy-filtered 4D STEM
- In-situ EELS and EFTEM
- Momentum-resolved EELS
10x Higher Throughput
- High spectral rate at near 100% duty cycle
- Fast system tuning
- Streamlined workflows
GIF Continuum K3 System
Combine with the K3 high speed direct detection camera with counting mode:
- Extended energy range with no loss of resolution
- Resolve structures with high fidelity at low intensities
- Capture high-speed in-situ events (optional)
The GIF Continuum IS has a range of features for acquiring in-situ EELS and EFTEM data:
- Capture in-situ “videos” with real data in multiple modes:
- Spectrum images
- … and more
- Correlate stimulus to data in real time
- Single platform with multiple uses
STEM Spectrum Imaging
In this three-part tutorial, see how to set up and run a multisignal STEM spectrum imaging experiment on the GIF Continuum, including DigiScan and filter set-up, and acquiring the EELS and EDS spectrum image dataset:
Webinar: Versatile Time-Resolved Data Collection
Watch a recorded webinar about capturing data continuously over time with the Continuum IS.
- Types of data that can be collected.
- Data processing tools.
- Redesigned IS player.
- Python scripting.