Single Source SC-XRD
The Bruker D8 QUEST is a compact SC-XRD (Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction) system. Perform single wavelength experiments with Bruker’s revolutionary PHOTON II CPAD detector, with 4th generation free-electron laser (FEL) detector technology in your own lab.
- Single wavelength experiments
- Small footprint
- Modular system with best-in-class components.
- All-air-cooled configurations available.
Need greater capabilities? The D8 VENTURE is a larger instrument with rotating anode and dual wavelengths.
D8 QUEST and VENTURE for Structural Biology
D8 QUEST and VENTURE for Chemical Crystallography
Second Generation Updates
PHOTON III Detector
The largest photon-counting pixel array detector available for the home laboratory.
Conventional photon counting detectors (eg HPC and HPADs) suffer from poor linearity and limited count rate for strong reflections, which reduce data quality. PHOTON III is the first pixel array detector with mixed mode detection: simultaneous photon counting and charge integration. Detector noise is eliminated, with the highest linearity, together with the best possible sensitivity and dynamic range, for both strong and weak reflections. With no gaps and no charge sharing, the PHOTON III delivers the ultimate data quality.
The active area is tailored for the best performance in your application. Two sizes are available:
- 140 × 100 mm2 active area
- 140 × 200 mm2 active area – the largest available for the home lab
IµS 3.0 Source
The IµS 3.0 is the first micro-focus source designed specifically for crystallography, with significant advantages:
- For Cu, Mo and Ag
- Greatly enhanced stability
- Almost double the intensity of conventional sources
- Very long tube lifetimes – with no maintenance
- Completely air-cooled
- 3 year warranty
Completely new APEX3 software, designed for enhanced productivity:
- Comprehensive SC-XRD software with trusted algorithms.
- Easy to use for collecting and integrating data through to structure solution, refinement and publication.
- Intrinsic Phasing (ShelXT) solves most structures in seconds with no space group input.
- Improved twin handling of up to eight domains with excellent graphical feedback and straightforward twin law determination.
- New model refinement plug-in for interactive visualisation of 3D structures including electron density and difference density maps.
- Autostructure automatically delivers the completely correct structure in 87% of cases.
- XRD2 Routine collects powder data from capillary and flat samples.
PHOTON III detector
- Mixed mode technology for highest linearity
PHOTON II detector with CPAD technology
- Largest monolithic active area of any pixel array
- Excellent sensitivity over a wide energy range (Cu Kα to In Kα radiation)
- Single-photon sensitivity
- No charge sharing effects, zero counting losses
- 3 year warranty
Sealed tube X-ray sources
- Mo or Cu radiation
- Economical solution
- Three-fold intensity option
IµS 3.0 microfocus X-ray source – designed for crystallography
- Mo or Cu or Ag radiation
- Twice the intensity of conventional microfocus sources
- 3 year warranty
Advanced safety enclosures
- Compliant with strict radiation safety regulations
- Compliant with the new machinery directive
- Bruker FIXED-CHI and KAPPA
- High precision
- Less than 7 micrometer sphere of confusion; Even small samples remain in the center of the X-ray beam.
- APEX3 complete fchemical crystallography suite
- Improved models with IDEAL (Invariom Derived Electron AnaLysis)
- PROTEUM3 with data processing pipeline for structural biology
- Fully integrated low temperature devices (optional)
3D Robotic Goniometer Path Planning
The D8 QUEST and the D8 VENTURE both benefit from an innovative 3D robotic path planning algorithm. This drives the goniometer efficiently and ensures you get maximum benefit from the instrument’s capabilities.
The path planning software continuously checks the validity of the experiment set-up. Hardware components such as mirrors, collimators or beamstops are recognised automatically.
Intelligent beam path components store important information about functionality, spatial requirements and dependencies on other components in a memory chip.
A 3D model of the system is built and used to calculate an efficient and safe goniometer path.
- If a component is added or removed, the system is updated instantly and the path is planned.
- Avoid obscuring the detector by components of the goniometer. Collisions are impossible.
- New hardware can be added without firmware updates.