Highly Flexible SC-XRD
The Bruker D8 VENTURE is a flexible, modular SC-XRD instrument. All systems feature Bruker’s PHOTON II CPAD detector, and there’s space for a second source and other upgrades in future as your needs change.
- Great experimental flexibility
- Samples are visible and easy to access
- Modular system with best-in-class components
- All-air-cooled configurations available
- Open design for maximum upgrade flexibility
The spacious enclosure houses a rotating anode, liquid metal jet and dual wavelengths solution.
Looking for something more compact? The D8 QUEST offers single source solutions with a smaller footprint.
D8 VENTURE for Structural Biology
D8 VENTURE for Chemical Crystallography
Second Generation Updates
PHOTON III Detector
The largest photon-counting pixel array detector available for the home laboratory.
Conventional photon counting detectors (eg HPC and HPADs) suffer from poor linearity and limited count rate for strong reflections, which reduce data quality. PHOTON III is the first pixel array detector with mixed mode detection: simultaneous photon counting and charge integration. Detector noise is eliminated, with the highest linearity, together with the best possible sensitivity and dynamic range, for both strong and weak reflections. With no gaps and no charge sharing, the PHOTON III delivers the ultimate data quality.
The active area is tailored for the best performance in your application. Two sizes are available:
- 140 × 100 mm2 active area
- 140 × 200 mm2 active area – the largest available for the home lab
IµS 3.0 Source
The IµS 3.0 is the first micro-focus source designed specifically for crystallography, with significant advantages:
- For Cu, Mo and Ag
- Greatly enhanced stability
- Almost double the intensity of conventional sources
- Very long tube lifetimes – with no maintenance
- Completely air-cooled
- 3 year warranty
Completely new APEX3 software, designed for enhanced productivity:
- Comprehensive SC-XRD software with trusted algorithms.
- Easy to use for collecting and integrating data through to structure solution, refinement and publication.
- Intrinsic Phasing (ShelXT) solves most structures in seconds with no space group input.
- Improved twin handling of up to eight domains with excellent graphical feedback and straightforward twin law determination.
- New model refinement plug-in for interactive visualisation of 3D structures including electron density and difference density maps.
- Autostructure automatically delivers the completely correct structure in 87% of cases.
- XRD2 Routine collects powder data from capillary and flat samples.
PHOTON III detector
- Mixed mode technology for high data quality
PHOTON II detector with CPAD technology
- Largest monolithic active area of any pixel array
- No gaps due to the single wafer-scale silicon sensor
- Excellent sensitivity over a wide energy range (Cu Kα to In Kα radiation)
- Single-photon sensitivity
- No charge sharing effects, zero counting losses
- 3 year warranty
Sealed tube X-ray sources
- Mo or Cu radiation
- Economical solution
- Three-fold intensity option
Microfocus TXS Rotating Anode
- Low maintanance compact direct drive
- Pre-crystallised and pre-aligned filaments
IµS 3.0 microfocus X-ray source – designed for crystallography
- Mo or Cu or Ag radiation
- Twice the intensity of conventional microfocus sources
- 3 year warranty
- Revolutionary liquid metal X-ray source for structural biology
- Highest in-house X-ray intensity for small and challenging samples
- Self-regenerating target with Ga-radiation for lower background scattering and radiation damage
- Low cost of ownership and excellent uptime
Advanced safety enclosures
- Compliant with strict radiation safety regulations
- Compliant with the new machinery directive
- Bruker FIXED-CHI and KAPPA
- High precision
- <7 micrometer sphere of confusion – even small samples stay centred in the X-ray beam
- APEX3: the most complete suite for chemical crystallography
- PROTEUM3 with data processing pipeline for structural biology
- Fully integrated low temperature devices (optional)
- SCOUT automated sample changer
- ISX Stage for in-situ SC-XRD
- Low temperature devices
The D8 VENTURE’s large enclosure houses the single source configuration of the D8 QUEST, as well as high intensity sources for smaller, weakly diffracting crystals. These include the TXS for Mo- and Cu-radiation and the METALJET offering liquid metal technology.
- Cu-radiation for absolute configuration and protein screening
- Mo-radiation for high throughput and charge density
- Ag-radiation for charge density and high pressure experiments
- Ga-radiation from the METALJET X-ray source for high-end structural biology and demanding chemical crystallography samples
The Gallium-Kα emission line – 1.34 Å – is close to that of copper, providing you with the proven benefits of Copper-Kα radiation. However, Gallium’s shorter wavelength has several advantages:
- Reduced radiation damage
- Improved signal to-noise ratio, due to increased detector sensitivity
- Reduced X-ray absorption by the sample
- Reduced scattering by both mother liquor and air.
The D8 VENTURE combines two X-ray sources with a highly accurate goniometer and a PHOTON 100 CMOS detector for crystallography. This results in a highly versatile SC-XRD instrument, with fast, fully automated wavelength switching.
Mo- and Cu-radiation
Perform charge density experiments and protein screening on a single instrument. Acquire high resolution data quickly with Mo-radiation, and determine absolute structures for light atom organic compounds with Cu-radiation.
Mo- and Ag-radiation
For solid state chemistry: high flux density Mo-radiation for routine crystallography and Ag-radiation for charge density experiments to even smaller d-spacing, reduced absorption and improved diamond anvil cell (DAC) high pressure experiments.